Netgear Firmware Update
In this article, we will guide you to update the NETGEAR Firmware using NETGEAR Genie software. Well, a ‘firmware’ is a ‘software program’ that is permanently fixed into a hardware device such as video cards, hard drives, and keyboards. It is perfectly programmed to give permanent and valuable instructions to communicate with other WiFi devices and perform basic output and input tasks.
Here are the steps to perform Netgear firmware update:
- Open the software ‘NETGEAR Genie’ and click on ‘Router Settings’.
- On the settings page of your NETGEAR router, type the username and password by default. If the login credentials are not working, it simply means that you have changed the details from the configuration page of router.
- In order to access the router administration page, you have to connect your router properly.
- After logging in successfully, you will be redirected to the wireless settings of your router. Don’t forget to place your device openly in a neat, clean, dry, and airy room.
- Click on the arrows that are situated on the top-right corner in order to see the tab for Netgear router firmware update.
- Once you have hit the ‘router update’ tab, click on the ‘next’ button to check the availability for your router’s firmware. Remember, your router supposed to be placed far away from cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, etc.
- Now, NETGEAR Genie will automatically detect the new firmware available for your router.
- Click on the message ‘A New Netgear Firmware Update is Available’.
- Now, it the ‘next’ button. After hitting it, the genie will say that firmware check is completed successfully. After that, it will provide you step by step instructions on how to update the firmware of your device timely.
- It will now open a web browser that will show you the Netgear Genie Login page. After logging into the settings page of the router successfully, click on the message ‘a router firmware update is available’ to ‘initiate’ the process of router’s update. Your device will now attempt to connect to NETGEAR servers to collect secured information about the new firmware recently installed.
- Click ‘yes’ to proceed with the firmware update. Your device will automatically download the new firmware and proceed with uploading it. Once the process of NETGEAR firmware update gets completed, the router will be automatically rebooted.
- You can now see the latest firmware version loaded on your router that will be on the top-right corner of the page.