Netgear Genie has made the task of managing, controlling, and monitoring the Netgear router pretty easier. Using the Netgear Genie app, you can access all the cool features of your WiFi device from just about anywhere in your home without even having to boot up your PC. To make the most of your WiFi, all you need to do is download the Netgear Genie app on your smartphone or tablet. Let’s know how you can manage your WiFi using Netgear Genie.
Netgear Genie Download
- Get access to your smartphone or tablet.
- Navigate to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store as per the compatibility of your device.
- Locate the Netgear Genie app and download it on your device.
- Once done, launch the app and accept its terms and conditions to start using it.
- Now, log in to your Netgear router.
- Tapping the Log In button will take you to the dashboard of your router.
Congratulations! You are all set to start using the incredible features of your Netgear router.
Moving on, let’s make you familiar with the features you can now make use of.
Netgear Router Features You Can Access Using Genie App
- Finding and playing your favorite audios and videos is just a tap away. My Media allows you to enjoy your favorites on your device from any corner of your house.
- EZ Mobile Connect has made it simple for you to connect your devices to your home WiFi network with a simple QR code scan.
- You can create and manage the Guest Access Network account if not interested to share admin details with people visiting you.
- Genie dashboard allows you to remotely control your home WiFi with ease. You can tweak various wireless settings as per your needs and requirements.
- With AirPrint, you can get print outs of important documents using any printer by giving the command from your iPhone or iPad.
- It allows you to check the list of all devices connected to your WiFi network. This means, if any unwanted device is connected to your network and leeching your data, then you can immediately stop that by disabling WiFi access to that particular device.
- Speed Test feature allows you to check the WiFi speed offered to you by your ISP. Apart from this, you can also get info about how fast your PC is receiving internet packets.
- If your WiFi plan has a usage cap, then it’s better to check the internet usage using Traffic Meter. Using the feature, you can easily check how much data you are using per day/week/month.
- The Netgear Genie app has also made it possible for parents to secure their kids from malicious content or potential threats by controlling their internet activities.
- In case you are facing any issues related to the internet connection, simply run the Fix Internet Connection feature and let it diagnose what the problem is. If detected, it will automatically fix most of the common problems.
Bonus Tip of The Day
The app supports an array of Netgear router models. In case the model you own is not supported by the app, you are suggested to download the Netgear Nighthawk app. Probably, this will help you access the features of your Netgear router.
To Sum Up
We want you to enjoy the use of the Netgear router to the fullest. To serve the same, we hope that this write-up would prove to be a great effort.
If you are unable to access any of the Netgear router features or can’t understand the functionality of the Netgear Genie app, you are most welcome to reach out to our experts for immediate assistance.