Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 extender doubles the WiFi signal coming out from your home router. Many users, nowadays, use Nighthawk EAX80 extender to increase the broadcast range of their WiFi networks, improving overall signal strength and allowing wired and wireless devices to stay connected to the extender’s WiFi network even when you are far away from your router.
However, to use Netgear AX8 8-Stream WiFi-6 extender, you must configure it properly. Don’t know the Netgear extender setup process? Fret not! We are here to help you. In this post, we will guide you with some demystify steps on how to setup Netgear extender. Read on!
You can install your Netgear WiFi extender using one of the following two ways:
- Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
- Using WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup)
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Launch the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Netgear Nighthawk login page displays.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your Netgear WiFi extender to your router’s network.
- Once the Netgear WiFi extender setup gets complete, you can move your EAX80 to a new location.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the new extended network and enjoy the continuous speed of the internet all over your house.
For any further assistance, reach out to us anytime. We will be happy to help you.
Nighthawk EAX80 Setup via WPS
- Plug in your Netgear WiFi range extender. Turn it on by pushing the power button on it.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 extender. Push the button on your Netgear device and wait for the WPS LED blinks white.
- After some time, push the WPS button on your main WiFi router.
- When your AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 extender connects to your router, the Router Link LED will light up.
- If the Router Link LED blinks white, it means that the connection between your WiFi router and Netgear extender is good. And, in case, the Router Link LED lights red or amber, move your Netgear EAX80 extender closer to your router and try again after a few minutes.
If your WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band and your Netgear EAX80 WiFi extender didn’t connect to that band, repeat the entire WPS process again. Move your Netgear Nighthawk EAX80 AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 extender to a new location and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extended WiFi network.
Congrats! Netgear WiFi range extender setup process is successfully completed using the WPS method. Once the setup process of your Netgear WiFi range extender gets completed, the one WiFi network name (SSID) feature is enabled, which allows your Netgear AX8 8-Stream extender to use the same WiFi network settings as of your existing router.
Facing issues while setting up your Netgear extender using the Nighthawk App or the WPS method? Worry not! Just try a couple of Netgear extender troubleshooting tips given below to resolve the issues.
- Your Netgear extender must be placed in the reach of your WiFi router.
- The power LED on your extender should be stable.
- Download Netgear Genie app to manage and view your router’s settings.
- Update Netgear extender’s firmware.
- The latest version of firmware should be updated on your router as well.
- Update the device you are using to set up Netgear extender.
- Power cycle your router and extender.
Follow the aforementioned tips to resolve Netgear extender setup issues instantly. If the issue still persists even after following the above-mentioned steps, reach out to our technical experts.