Install a Netgear Extender
- Connect your updated firmware of router with the existing modem and bring them both in the room of range extender.
- The range extender supposed to be in the room of computer.
- Pull up a web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar, type mywifiext.
- Enter login credentials.
- After a successful mywifiext.net login, you will land into the home page of NETGEAR Genie. Keep Following all the positive and appropriate responses until it asks you to click ‘finish’ to complete the installation.
Extend a Wireless Network
1. Set the Main Router as Your Base Station
Be certain that your router is properly connected to the router. Open a web browser, type the default IP address of your device, enter the login credentials and log into the router’s web interface.
2. Find Your Basic Wireless Settings
For this, you have to confirm that, which should be located on the main login screen and which should be located under the settings. Also, be sure that your router is placed openly and broadcasting live and active internet connection (strongest as possible).
Note: If you haven’t changed the default settings of username and password yet, consider changing them at once. Make a note that will help you in remembering the default details in future and setting up your wireless repeater (secure).
3. Select a Menu Item that Mentions Repeating
By selecting this option, you will prompt to select an option to enable repeating function within the range of your network. At this point, you will able to establish your primary router as your base station.
4. Enter the MAC Address of the Router
You can easily find the MAC (Media Access Control) address of your wireless repeater at the back of your device. This MAC address supposed to be about 14-16 characters. They will be either 4 groups of 4 separated by periods or 8 groups of 2 characters separated by hyphens or colons.
5. Unplug the Ethernet Cable from the Base Station and Plug it to Your Repeater
Grab your computer and launch a web browser onto it. Look at the top of the web browser, you see an address bar, we need you to type the default IP address of your base station into it.
After that, you have to go to the basic settings and assure that your wireless repeater is able for communicating with the correct wireless network.
- From repeating settings menu, enable the signal repeating function.
- Now, you will be prompt to enter MAC address of your base station.
- Save these settings.
- Disconnect your repeater from your computer.
- Find a suitable place away from dust and interference creating WiFi devices to spot your wireless repeater.
- Enjoy the maximum signal extension all over without any buffering in videos or signal breakage.