Netgear Genie Setup
Netgear Genie is an application for both desktop and smartphone which makes network management quite easy and flawless. The Netgear Genie app is meant for controlling, managing, monitoring, and repairing the network bugs. Whether you are struggling with mywifiext.net login issue or any general network problem, Netgear Genie app has you covered. Netgear Genie Setup also provides a clear pathway to install a Netgear new extender in a handy way.
For this, all you need to launch a web browser on your desktop or laptop and visit mywifiext setup page. After that, connect your WiFi range extender with your router via an Ethernet cable. Before initiating the Netgear Genie setup wizard, make sure that you have a relevant genie account. In order to get help while creating a genie account, follow our upcoming section.
How to Create Netgear Genie Account?
Creating a Netgear Genie account helps you to manage your extender device either from home or remotely via your smartphone. Follow the below-mentioned steps to create a Netgear Genie account.
- Launch any of your preferred web browsers from your desktop that is connected with your existing router.
- Visit to the Netgear Genie setup web page.
- Click on the Register Now button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and mention the correct details.
- Click on the Register button.
Now, as you have successfully created a Netgear genie account, it’s time to move a step ahead to configure your Netgear range extender with the Genie setup wizard.
Netgear Genie Setup Steps
- Connect your Netgear range extender with your existing WiFi router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Once connected successfully, turn ON your desktop or laptop.
- Now open any of your preferred web browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- Now visit mywifiext web page and hit the Enter key.
- You will land on the Netgear Genie web page.
- Enter the Netgear extender login credentials and tap on the login or Sign In button.
- Tap on the New extender setup button.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to set up your Netgear extender.
- Once done, click on the Apply button to save the extender’s configuration settings.
Netgear Genie Smart Setup v/s Netgear Genie
The simple answer to this question is ‘NO’. Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard is a fast way to set up your Netgear WiFi range extender whereas Netgear Genie is an application used to manage your home wireless network.
Now talking about the Netgear Genie app, it assists you to control, watch, and handle your home or office wireless network with just a single click. This Netgear Genie app is available on all major operating systems such as Windows, MAC, Android, and iOS. With desktop Genie app, you can easily disallow unauthenticated users.
Netgear Genie Download on Smartphones
Access all the cool features with your smartphone with the Netgear Genie app. You can reach to wireless settings, parental controls, guest access, network map, and many more with Genie application. Simply you need to complete Netgear Genie download step on your favorite smartphone. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to download the Netgear Genie app
- Tap on the App icon present on the bottom of your smartphone’s home screen.
- Scroll down and search for the Play Store. It is a multicoloured triangle icon.
- If you are accessing the Play Store first time, all you need to mention the Google account details and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Type the Netgear Genie App download in the search box and tap on the magnifying glass.
- The Netgear Genie application will pop-up on the screen
- Tap on the application icon and click on the Install button.
- Now the application is downloaded and installed successfully, try to login with Netgear account.